Situated in Vittal Mallya Road, SkinLab isn’t difficult to locate. Amidst the hustle-bustle of a busy area, this stands next to the ICICI Bank, right above Samaroh restaurant. It is exactly how I imagined it to be, all in white; beautiful, serene—something that would put you at ease and calm your senses. After a few minutes of waiting, I was called in by a consultant doctor, who examined my skin and suggested a few treatments, best for my skin type. She then called in her expert, briefed her and handed me over to her. She escorted me to one of the treatment rooms, where she analysed my skin again. I have a combination skin, so after analysing with a magnifying lamp, they decided on an Infused treatment. Infused treatment for me was primarily to hydrate my skin and brighten it up. All the products used in the procedure were from SkinLab.
The first and foremost :The regular cleaning, that’s done with a lot of care. They are careful and gentle on your skin, even when they are rubbing it. This is a mandatory procedure for every facial.
Next, they scrubbed my face and applied a de- tannning toner, especially because my skin was burnt, and in need of a de-tan massage.
Steam: The steam machine did all the work of opening my pores while I comfortably lay on my back. Then it was normal extraction of black and white heads that have made home around my nose and chin. After which hi-frequency machine was used with Argi-lactic gel, a gel derided from sugarcane and milk (in short:glycolin and lactic acid) for lightening and hydration. After the procedure, a cold compress was given to to balance the heat. a few minutes after, she did something called electroporation, which is infusing hylouronic gel, you must be prepared for some tingling sensation; this helps provide protection from free radicals and renews the epidermal layer of the skin. This procedure was followed by a out-of-the-world massage with a cream, and then a brightening peel off mask.
What I loved:
- I loved the way they made me feel, they took care of me and as a client, I felt looked after.
- They have a doctor analyse my skin after taking down my medical details. Unlike some big salons and clinics, but this is a derma clinic, so one should expect this.
- They are professional and polite staff educating you while doing each step. you are fully informed about what they are using on your skin.
- I was glowing, my fatigue signs had gone. they told m how to maintain this. i felt fully rejuvenated.
- If you are looking for a skin specialist clinic, and you want them to look after your skin needs, SkinLab is a must try.
- It may be a little expensive than the rest, but all good things come with a price. Go try this out for sure!
A brief about the clinic
Dr. Jamuna Pai set up her first cosmetic clinic in 1994 in Mumbai to offer internationally renowned skin and beauty treatments. Providing an elegant and charming ambience to its clients, Blush (as SkinLab was known at the time) became an instant success and right from its very year enjoyed the loyal patronage of well-known names and clients from within India and internationally.